Freedom And Versatility With Amigo Mobility Scooters
Since 1968, Amigo has been at the forefront of providing quality mobility products in the market like the Amigo mobility scooters, the electric shopping cart, electric wheelchairs and van and trunk lifts. Mobility scooters are perfect for use by senior citizens and elderly people, including disabled individuals and those with medical conditions particularly those with a motion handicap and disability.
Characteristics of Amigo Mobility Scooters
These electric scooters can act as your powered legs that that can get you maneuvering indoors and outdoors and anywhere else you want to go. It acts like a mini car where you can navigate through the narrow aisle of a shopping mall or a leisurely stroll around the neighborhood park. Amigo mobility scooters are a whole lot better than being pushed around in a wheelchair, which can put additional strain on your loved ones.
Amigo calls theses scooters POVs or Power Operated Vehicles because of their unique and comparatively superior characteristics as compared to other scooters in its class. This includes the following attributes: a product made in the USA, daily usage for a long period of time, excellent compact design, superb maneuverability, easily available and serviceable parts, and customization options.
Considerations When Choosing Amigo Mobility Scooters
Making a decision to purchase a mobility cart or scooter could be one of the most important decisions in your life if you are mobility challenged. However, before finalizing your decision, you should first consider some items that could be critical in the way your machine would perform or how it could affect your use. The following are some of the considerations and features that you should look into as part of your machine selection process.
* Use of the Amigo mobility scooters: Determine whether you intend to use the scooter indoors or outdoors so the proper framing and size should be considered.
* Comfortable Drive Controls: Select between a drive control that makes use of the thumbs or the fingers or both. Drive controls can be uncomfortable to the thumbs after prolonged use, so making use of both the thumb and finger can allow the remaining parts of the hand to rest.
* Automatic Brake Release: The break can be released so the scooter can be easily rolled into a table during check-ups or even shopping.
* Swivel Seats with Lock: If you want a swivel seat in your scooter, you can have this put in place. These seats can be locked every 90 deg or it can be designed to lock at certain angles for ease and comfort in travelling and transferring. You also have the option to leave the seats unlocked for free swivel movements.
* Your Amigo mobility scooters and Medicare: It is possible to have your scooters reimbursed through Medicare or your private insurance. If this is the case, you should ensure that you have selected the best equipment that can suit your needs, the places you need to use it for, and your lifestyle.
* Size and Frame: Although a bigger size and sturdier frame can be better in terms of stability, you should be careful in making the selection. Ensure that your POV can fit your transport vehicles, your home or office and anywhere else you intend to go to with your scooter or POV.
Freedom and versatility is what everyone needs, even those who have physical disabilities. If you belong to the latter, the best way to achieve such benefits is through the Amigo mobility scooters.