A New World Of Convenience With Shoprider Mobility Scooters
There are certain events in one's life that would find them requiring the need for Shoprider mobility scooters. Such incidents include accidents that left them disabled, sickness and even hereditary disabilities and handicap conditions that would find them challenged in their mobility and limited in their capacity to go places. This includes senior citizens and elderly individuals who may have some medical conditions the leave them incapable of using their legs to move around.
Shoprider mobility scooters are excellent means of personal transport systems that can let you maneuver your way through indoor and outdoor locations and let you experience comfort and convenience you have never before experienced due to your disabilities. Introduced in the United States in 1988, Shoprider showcased excellent electric wheelchairs and personal cart systems which quickly became top favorites in the country due to its advanced features, excellent maneuverability that rides like a schwinn bike, and advanced designs. Special pricing and excellent discount packages have made these electric mobility scooters the mobility product of choice among consumers.
Basic Features of the Shoprider Mobility Scooters
These mobility scooters provide a variety of features and innovative add-ons that make the Shoprider one of the top electric scooters in the world. It runs on electricity through efficient battery packs and does away with the bulky gas tank typical of petrol-powered scooters. The following are some features and product specifications of the Shoprider mobility scooters that every potential buyer should be well aware of.
* Patented articulation wheels at the front that provides the user with the stability of a scooter with four wheels but with the maneuverability of a 3-wheeled scooter
* Light-weight frame and design which weighs only 82 pounds and that is including the batteries, and also has a fold down design and adjustable lengths
* It has a removable battery pack where it can be easily changed with a spare pack.
* The scooter has puncture resistant tires offering you the best in safety features.
* It weighs at 82 lbs with batteries but has a weight capacity of up to 250 lbs.
* It can easily be disassembled into five major sections for easy storage and handling.
Shoprider Mobility Scooters and Medicare
Handicap scooters can be considered a necessity for medical conditions and can be covered by Medicare or your private insurance as long as certain criteria and requirements are met. These criteria include the following:
* An individual requires a scooter if he or she cannot perform functional skills with their legs and has limited usage of their upper body. This condition is such that the individual would require the use of the Shoprider mobility scooters to move around the home and nearby vicinity.
* The patient will have difficulty in operating a manual wheelchair on their own due to lack of strength in the upper extremities.
* The patient can be capable of operating the controls of the scooter safely and effectively.
* The patient is able to get in and out of the scooter safely without any problems and has enough stability in their trunks so they can hold themselves upright while riding the scooter.
Gone are the days when disabled persons just sit and lie helpless unless someone would be kind enough to push them around in their wheelchairs or carts. With the Shoprider mobility scooters, these people with disabilities can now comfortably and conveniently move inside and outside their homes whenever they feel like it.